Proposal to integrate with Celo

Hummingbot was one of the first trading tools to integrate with Celo, supporting Mento since day one back in 2020. However, usage for this integration never really got adopted, as Humminbot Gateway wasn’t available back then.

As a Celo community member, I would love to see Hummingbot more deeply integrated with Celo. Thus, I would like to make a governance proposal to more deeply integrate both projects, as well as building connectors for local exchanges that would be really useful to support Celo’s latest stable token, cREAL, pegged to the Brazilian Real (BRL).

The tasks required would be:

1. A Connector for the Celo Network ($5K) using Gateway, and removing the old code using the Celo Cli.
  2. A Connector for Uniswap v3 on Celo ($2K) (It should be simple as should be very similar to the one already built for Ethereum)
  3. Analyze if BitcoinTrade API has all the endpoint required to build a connector ($2K)
  • If possible, building a connector ($8K, on top of the investigation task)
  1. Analyze if Novadax API has all the endpoint required to build a connector ($2K)
  • If possible, building a connector ($8K, on top of the investigation task)

The founding of the programs will be provided as follows:

1. Funding provided by Humminbot: 600K HBOT tokens
  2. Funding provided by Celo Foundation in cUSD: $22K

In case one connector couldn’t be created, both grants would be adjusted accordingly pro-rata.

I already chatted with the Celo Foundation and they committed to the funding listed here.

Different developers can take each item listed to speed up development, although it would make a lot of sense that 1 and 2 get worked on by the same person or team.

Looking for feedback on this proposal!

1 Like

I support this proposal, because I think having this connectivity enables the Celo community to run Hummingbot once again, but without having to install a separate CLI/node.

Since this proposal was initially conceived prior to the Nomad bridge hack, which affected HBOT and resulted in more supply hitting the market and a subsequent drop in the HBOT price, I think the total Hummingbot Foundation allocation should be increased to 880K HBOT tokens.

1 Like

Fantastic Opportunities!

I too will support and vote on this proposal. :clinking_glasses: